Tuesday, March 9, 2010

. { Just Engaged } .

Such is the life of a Disney CP. We write up elaborate stories in our heads just to wear "Just Engaged" buttons for a day. Alas, I am engaged to my dear friend, John. Here's the scoop.

Two months gone by and John still hadn't been to Epcot. Crazy, I know. Since I am a doting friend I took him there for a whole day, just the two of us. We snuck in by Mexico and headed straight for Soarin' but even that early there was a 65 minute wait. We skipped it and hopped in the 20 minute line for The Seas with Nemo & Friends. It is here that I had the brilliant idea that we get engaged to wear "Just Engaged" buttons.


Walt Disney World has conquered guest service after all so they make guests feel even more special by handing out buttons for special occasions. 2009/2010 are the years of celebration so they always ask what you're celebrating. The I'm Celebrating button can go out to anyone. But, I'm a collector now (they're free damn it so why not) and I was lucky enough to celebrate my real birthday here so I have the birthday button as well as ...Happily Ever After! Three down, six to go!

Back to our engagement... Because I want all of the buttons, I suggested to John that we pretend we be engaged for a day and so we devised our back story. What if a Cast Member asked how he proposed?! And this is how it goes:

John does not believe in wedding rings because they are very oppressive to women so he bought me a brown kitten (with cinnamon swirls) and tied a ribbon around its neck with a note attached that read "Will you marry me?" Of course I said yes! And so Chrysanthemum, our kitten, was the beginning of the family we're starting together. So romantic! 

After a relaxing ride on Spaceship Earth, I wiggled up the courage to ask for the buttons and John and I walked around holding hands pretending to be in love. Apparently we convinced people because a lot of people said "Congratulations" but a lot of people gave us odd stares. We totally looked like 16 year old fakers. It is really hard to fake being engaged when there is no chemistry. Also, I suck at lying.

I purchased our love child from Japan, Pickles the Frog. He is the most darling plushie I have ever laid eyes on and so damn cuddly. He now pimps it out with my unicorns on my bed. Only John and my children would be cool enough to do so.


What a badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment