Sunday, January 24, 2010

. { Magic Moments } .

Here at Disney World, we as Cast Members have the opportunity to create magic moments. These little instances are our way of making guests feel even more special on their Disney vacation. I mean we are in Disney World for Christ's sake!

For example, here at ABC we pick a family each morning and create a magical dining experience. Though we're a quick service joint, this lucky family gets to walk in on a red carpet and we stand on either side clapping and asking for their autographs--making them feel like big Hollywood hotshots. They also get table service, an ABC exclusive experience.

Well, today I had the privilege to give out a magic moment on my own. I was filling drinks during the lunch rush, and here's how it went down:

"Uh, excuse me! EXCUSE ME!"

"Yes?"

"Um. Can I have a magic moment? 'Cuz I've been waiting here a long time and it's ridiculous. Gimme a magic moment."

...
...
...

BREAK. Okay--what?! What kind of guest DEMANDS a magic moment?! Brazilian guests, apparently.

I literally burst out laughing and asked, "Okay, you want a cookie?"

But, she took me seriously and said, "Yes."

So to end this magical tale short, I gave her a cookie and she left ABC feeling like her Disney trip was just that much more special.

Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment