Also, three days until I move out of my apartment (cue fireworks, party horns and cheers galore)! The only thing bogging me down is looking around my room and realizing how much I have to pack. EEK! And then there's the aftermath packing for Disney portion of this venture.
WHAT am I supposed to bring and HOW am I going to get it all there?!
Disney has kindly provided me with a "Checklist of Items to Bring:"
· Set of linens and bedding (twin-size sheets, pillow, blanket, towels, etc.)
CHECK.
· TV, VCR, DVD player and a coaxial cable
HA. Not gonna happen.
· Stereo (small)
SMALL is the key word here. iPod dock? Maybe? Hopefully?
· Toaster
Oh yeah, that'll totally fit in my suitcase. -.-
· Coffee Maker
Not for this tea-loving lady.
· Phone Card
Really?
· Answering machine
REALLY?
· Cordless phone (The phone provided in the apartment has a cord.)
If I even use the apartment phone, I think I'll survive with a cord.
· Cell phone (Check with your current provider for coverage information.)
CHECK. AT&T don't fail me now!
· Alarm clock
CHECK.
· Beach towel, suntan lotion and/or sunscreen
CHECK. Ahh yeah, can't wait to bask in that warm sun...
· Camera and film
CHECK & DOUBLE CHECK.
· Casual clothing
CHECK.
· Professional clothing (Please refer to the Disney Look Guidelines for assistance.)
CHECK.
· Sweater or jacket
CHECK, although let's hope I never have to use them!
· Dress shoes
CHECK.
· Combination lock for the locker in your bedroom
CHECK.
· Computer with Ethernet card
CHECK, CHECK!
· Original employment eligibility documents
CHECK.
· Cosmetics and toiletries
CHECK. Humidity, please be kind to me. :(
· Credit card and traveler's checks (if available)
CHECK.
· Health insurance information
CHECK. *crosses fingers*
· Personal medications, including prescription drugs, if needed
CHECK.
· Writing paper, envelope, pens
CHECK. How about a sketchbook?
Staring and writing out the word 'check' so many times now makes it look very strange and unfamiliar to me. But, let's focus on what is not checked. Flying from Chicago to Orlando allows me one suitcase. One measly suitcase. How does Disney expect me to fit all of this stuff in this one measly suitcase!? This definitely doesn't allow me much space for personal knick knacks... Not to mention my cats that will hide in there (just kidding). It will be interesting to see what I can cram in this one suitcase of mine. How much do those vacuum airtight thingies to compress clothing cost? And who's willing to ship the things that don't fit to me? ;)))
No comments:
Post a Comment