October 19, 2009. I sit down to read e-mail after a long day of classes and slaving over projects (most likely Packaging Design) in the lab. It is approximately 9:30pm. My heart skips a beat as a see an e-mail from Disney College Recruiting with the subject "Disney College Program: Your Invitation." I don't hesitate to click to open and there it is. I'm accepted into the Quick Service Food & Beverage Role! I am going to Orlando in January!
Fast Forward to >>
November 6, 2009. I'm waiting at the bus stop at Adams & Clark waiting for the 26 Jackson bus. It's late. I have about ten minutes to get to the the Lou Conte dance studio for Disney Character Performer auditions. At 2:22 it finally arrives and races me to my destination. I arrive to find a young man in full Jack Sparrow dress and fully in character. I am too shocked to even stifle a "hello," but I keep my giggles to myself. I sign in and wait in line... I won't reveal all the details of the audition, but after an hour or so, I found out I made the first cut! After another dance routine, we were released and told we would find out the results in about two weeks. I am anxiously, but patiently waiting.

Welcome to MOUSEGIRL, a blog documenting my experiences during the Disney College Program, Spring 2010. My name is Julie, I'm 21 years old, and I'm keeping this as a journal of sorts, but also so my friends and family can keep up with all of my adventures. I leave for Orlando, Florida on January 5, 2010 and I cannot be more excited for the frizzy hair that awaits my head down south. Bon voyage!
No comments:
Post a Comment